Whoa. Why so angry at me? I didn't attack you, why do you feel the need to attempt to belittle me. I didn't even say that this other state had it right. I just wonder what other states do. I'm not sure how the suggestion (even though I was just stating what another state does) would kill HS soccer? Other than you would obviously be upset. Secondly, you don't even know me, so to assume that I even coach, let alone you know more about soccer than me... Calm down, I was just making a point of what another state does. I agree with you that the state rules are a bit assinine. But don't attack me.
I will however argue that the best coaches should coach the young ones. I would rather Anson Dorrence coach my 8 year old now and then see him again in college. Yes, technique is repetitive, but correct technique needs someone teaching it with an understanding of how and when to use that technique. If I may ask you without you getting angry, how do you teach a HS to receive a ball away from pressure? a simple technique that too often isn't taught correctly to 8 yr olds. they alway receive at pressure. And now, because they weren't taught the correct technique before it became muscle memory, you can't break it. To compare the US to Brazil is also a bit rediculus (common sense in my realm). 2 different cultures, 2 different types of soccer players. And once again, the best coaches (yourself included) would understand the idea of creative play and would incorporate it into an 8 yr old practice. You said that good technique just needs a ball and some cones, but that seems like a very American way to teach a soccer robot, not a creative Brazilian, dance with the ball player.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003