1. I think some of the rules are stupid. My point was more "in some states you couldn't even coach any of your kids. in SC you could technically coach them all if they are on different teams." I agree that some of the rules are definately not in favor of soccer. I am not trying to push this other states rules on SC, just wondering how strict some other states are in comparison to SC.
2. I didn't say that E license coaches should be doing college. What I said was that if we want kids to learn to love the game and use technique properly, we should encourage our best coaches to get them at 10, 11, 12. and I am not talking about rec kids ( I suppose we should get coach Berson out there to run the YMCA rec leagues as well. Maybe he could train them all at once with a little "do this, do that" in a couple of lime green Score jerseys?) That is not even close to what I said. But if coach Berson taught a group of 10 - 14 yr olds, I would put them up against anyone else at 18 even if they had a D coach from 15 on. Because they would be so technically sound and have learned to "love" the game early on, that they would be tough to beat.
3. Coldhardtruth, I agree completely. Shutup, I think that we need more creative players, but I think that we would do better to emulate the Italians or Germans. The reason everyone loves the Brazilians is because they are flashy "and1" and score. I think we have more players that fit an Italian/German style. Does that mean we don't attempt to develop flashy players? Absolutely not!
4. We need to develop an American style of soccer. yes, we should emulate concepts from other cultures. But we shouldn't try to copy them.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003