Quote:

Well I think that having year round teams would wipe out HS soccer in this state. Most high schools (especially older ones)only have one utility field large enough for football/soccer. If they allowed year round sports every football coach I know would want to have practice to stay on pace with every other football coach, this means the AD would have to settle field usage issues and since most ADs are either football coaches or exfootball coaches and football supposedly brings in the moolah for the athletic department, its pretty obvious who would get to use the field and who would be left out in the cold.

I may be wrong.....but I think my original post asked what was wrong with year round soccer teams? Later posts minimized that to year round teams.

Forget football. We're talking soccer. I think there are wear/tear issues related to football that would preclude year round training from a common sense perspective. Having played it....I needed a month to heal. My '93 son so far.....hasn't been subjected to physical abuse like that on a regular basis yet from soccer.