I know nothing about the talks, but as some people have mentioned, MPSC is a facet of the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department and therefore of the Town of Mount Pleasant. Regardless of whether or not Christi or Jeremy or anyone else in Mt. P want to join BFA or make any sort of arrangement, the final call is up to the Town and whoever in the hierarchy of the government is there to make that decision. As with any government, no one is going to okay a loss of potential revenue without serious pulling of teeth. Right now, the fields and fees all belong to Mt. P and its coaches, the Piggly Wiggly and Classic tournaments in the fall and winter belong to Mt. P along with all the revenue they bring into the area through the teams staying at hotels, sightseeing, and eating at restaurants. Now, granted, all of that involves a lot of bureaucracy and paperwork and legwork, but any time you see $$ in a government, people tend to get slap-happy.

Along with that, MPSC has one heck of a U11 girls elite team right now and I'm not sure about the boys side, so there may be hopes that the player pool is turning around and people may be less willing to join or ally with another club if things could turn around.

The way I see it, MPSC soccer on the challenge side would probably have to hit total rock bottom (so that it's incredibly visible to the bureaucrats) and an alliance with BFA would have to include one hell of a financial and recognizable benefit to the Town of Mount Pleasant (getting them the same or more fiscal gain) before they would be willing to part with any part of their programs.

Unfortunately, the risk of working with a government is that even if you have local heads whose main interest is the children, the further up you travel the totem pole, the less concern they have for the quality of soccer and the players.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.