Quote:

Why were such weak teams allowed in this division? It is obvious some of the teams would JUST (maybe) be competitive in the lower division. Shouldn't this be screened in all age groups. A lot of driving to play teams that can't give you a good game. Is it the coaches of the teams that don't know what they are doing???

Choice of divisions is voluntary in SCYSA. Affiliated teams are allowed to play in whatever division they choose. Mandatory assignment or mandatory promotion/relegation has been strongly resisted in SC and especially on this message board. So the answer to your question is that this is the coaches' responsibility.

I'm not sure which teams exactly you are referring to, but MPSC 94 Girls White, CESA 95 Girls Premier, CESA 94 Girls Challenge, and LCSC United 95G White all played U13 Classic I in the fall and finished as the top 4 teams in that division. Apparently they decided they wanted more challenging competition. The two teams that one may wonder about the most are SAA Elite and USA Hurricanes. From what I can tell, SAA Elite did not play in the fall, at least not in Challenge, Classic I, or Classic II. So they appear to be jumping in immediately at the highest level. The USA team finished second in Classic II last season and apparently decided to jump over Classic I and go directily to Challenge.

One other thing that may come in to play is competition with JV teams. Some of these teams may have lost some players to JV or may have had to play without players on game days due to conflicts with JV.