First off I would like to applaud Columbia United for their quick decision to call of the remaining games on Saturday, due to lightning and possible tornadoes.

However, I am disappointed at some of the other decisions they made:

1. Saturday they made an announcement for a team representative to show up at the field, at 5:30PM, for an update.
I drove through a crazy lightning storm to find out this was an "error". On the drive back to the hotel the traffic was backed up; another coach had crashed on the side of the road. Glad he looked OK but sorry his car was not. I think he was from CUFC.

2. Saturday night,there was an announcement that they would be making statement at 11:00PM on the changes for Sunday. The announcement to cancel was made at 11:35PM, why this could not have been made before this is beyond me. Why not wait until the morning when they could have made a better decision!?! The bad weather was fore casted to clear on Sunday around midnight and remain nice through Sunday.
There is nothing coaches or team managers could do at 11:35PM, other than waking a bunch of kids at midnight who were instructed to go to bed early ready for the games.

3. Their decision to cancel the remaining Sunday games, "in the interest of player safety," at 11:35 PM on Saturday night is very doubtful; I inspected the BB & T Fields, on Sunday morning, at 7:20AM, to find that fields were fine to play on and nobody's safety would have been in any way at harm. There were 2 of 6 fields that had some SLIGHT puddling. It was quite apparent that the decision was made for field protection, which would have been minimal. Not sure why they could not have stated this rather than hiding behind "player safety"

Disappointed and not returning next year!