Since severe rains were predicted and delivered, it was hoped that the game could be changed to Thursday. Transportation was unavailable as SA only has 3 buses for the entire spring sports teams. It was decided to try and wait it out. After watching radar and getting info from people and coaches currently experiencing the weather, the South Aiken Coach (AHEM) tried to email the Irmo coach, called the school, called and left messages with Dennis Cook and Phil Savitz, and finally took to the boards to try and contact them. Very difficult to contact people after 3:45 as they have things to do, obviously. Contacted JV team but "will you let them know" sounded like "we let them know" over cell phones, rain, a team warming up, and coming from a man who is often accused of mumbling. Our JV coach did let the officials know BEFORE the game started that there would not be a varsity game. Finally a parent was able to get in contact with rightfully upset Irmo coaching staff.

In conclusion, I did as much as I could to play on a date that was safer to travel, safer to play on, better for the gate, and better for the field. I am sorry for the poor communication as it was not for lack of effort, but not at all for thinking of those playing or driving to the game.
The JV's were able to start the game with no problems, but experienced the rain towards the end. The downpour hit towards the conclusion of the match and continues as I type in what would be halftime.

South Aiken will have no problem paying for the officials, and look forward to the rescheduling a match in the next 6 weeks. Many apologies to the parents, players, and fans, but I know the Irmo coaches would not want to risk the health or injury to any player on either team. Making sure to have the coaches cell number for potential cancellations will be a top priority and a lesson learned from this situation.