I could not agree more. Although I do not condone the actions of the player, it is interesting that SCHSL views all sports equal when talking about suspensions but leaves the rules of the in game process (with small modifications) intact. The rules in soccer are in place to punish a frequent abuser of the rules. A match suspension is clearly set to punish the abuser. But the game is supposed to be constantly flowing, no stoppages.

So in American football, if billy bob drops the f-bomb the team is punished 15yds. Billy Bob still plays can drop plenty of f-bombs or other physical abuse and unless he fights with someone nothing happens... "it is the heat of the moment" what most football people would say...no different in soccer.

In Basketball you consistantly infringe on the rules you are sat down for the remainder of the game. You can still play the next game. Your team plays at full strength. Not so in soccer.

The one that bothers me the most is that the infringement is in the referees eyes. If johnny gets two yellows for fairly inoffensive acts he is done the next time he gets a red he sits out two weeks

What the league should have for soccer is the cumulative rule. track the offense and have the players who consistently infringe on the rules punished not the infrequent player.

As far as this situation is concerned, he should have been more intelligent than that.