Is it just me or is the SC Player and coach getting WAY better than previous years while the SC Official has regressed to the point where they are a laughing stock and the butt of a consistent string of run-on jokes? I saw some of the most horrendous officiating at the Palmetto Cup this weekend. That is supposed to be the finest tournament this state has to offer with the best officials. I saw blatant handballs being neglected, offsides not being called/being called inaccurately, the worst throw-in's NEVER being called, and the simplest rule in soccer not being followed: "the ball is not out until it has COMPLETELY crossed over the touch/end line". What gives? Why aren't these horrid crews held accountable for their actions? It seems like more and more often a stroke of good luck is required to win tight matches where phantom pks and phantom extra minutes of added time. You question an official and they have no clue about what is going on. What is the deal with these people? Can they not read the rule book? Are they high? Seriously, I'm looking for answers as I am a little perplexed by some of the calls and decisions I saw this weekend.

The Palmetto Cup is a great tournament and displays some of the greatest talent collections in HS soccer for the Spring Season. The last place finisher in the Palmetto Cup out-classed any bit of officiating I saw all weekend by miles. It was as if the officials have become too old and slow to keep up with the play. At what point do we sit back and say that something must be done?