In my opinion the officiating in this state is getting so bad that winning a state championship may come down to questionable calls. I know that games are won and lost because of bad officiating every week. The fact of the matter is that no one is willing to admit that these officials are awful. You see some of them out there and you just cringe because you know the official will become the entire "show" and it's almost like he/she wants to be. This is what makes people upset.

Don't give me that "they provide a service" crap. They get paid and paid well, especially since they get mileage now. For example, if you live outside of 20 miles from Columbia and ref a JV-Varsity match up or two varsity games in one night. You're almost getting paid 100 dollars for 160 minutes of work. Doctors provide a service...if you go in for a physical and the doctor takes off a testicle are you going to be mad? I assume you're going to say "o well he provides a service, I shouldn't question his ability. I can live without a testicle and get made fun of my whole life." If you're going to do a job, do it right and by the rules set forth to undertake that job. If you can't do it right, you should be held accountable. This is the problem. There's no way to hold these tools accountable for trying to change the outcomes of matches.