RE protecting the keeper....

I realize my opinion is biased, but tonight there was an incident where I thought my keeper was fouled- pushed in the back while trying to play a high ball, pushed enough that she had to take a couple of steps to recover her balance. After the shove the ball bounced a time or two and then found its way into the goal. After I complained (probably a little louder than I should have) the center ref walked over and calmly told me that it wasn't his call to make. "The AR has to call that. I have to wait for him to raise his flag."(Actual quote) I asked why he had to wait on the AR to call a foul if he saw it too. He then said that my "goalie missed the ball before she was fouled and the ball would have gone in anyway so the foul didn't matter."(Paraphrase of what was said)

HUH? Totally putting aside for a moment my argument that she missed the ball because she was fouled, his argument was that the foul before a goal didn't matter because the ball would have gone in anyway. I have to remember that one.

Tony King