Back on topic....

If you got placed down in the rec brackets, it's probably simply because of the way you filled out your tournament application forms. Most clubs in the Carolinas are only familure with AYSO as a recreational program & they probably haven't heard the term ACT before so they wouldn't know to bump you up. Whomever filled out your form also probably was not familure with the team levels defined on the "application to host" document posted by MPSC on their web site so your group as well may not have known what level to request.

In the SCYSA, a maximum of 3 select players are permitted to be on a recreational roster and/or to play as guests on a tournament team in a recreational division. Since ACT is a select team (i.e. all the players are select players) it is not eligible to be included in recreational play. Since AYSO ACT is not part of the SCYSA (just like US Club soccer), by definition an ACT team is deemed an S4 level team and in the U10-U12 ages you should fill out your tournament application requesting Academy/Developmental play. At U13 & above, you should request classic play. This is not only in the best interest of the SCYSA recreational teams, but it is also in the best interest of your kids so that they will have to adapt to the skill side of the game. Being that you probably have your biggest, fastest, strongest kids on your ACT squads (as well you should) - if they continue to play in the recreational arena, they will succeed simply because of their physical abilities and will not have to learn to play possesion soccer and/or expand their game. The end result is that your kids will not development beyond the kick & run style because it works so well in this arena if you are simply faster / stronger than the other team, and I am sure that is not what you are trying to achieve. As Luna-Chicks inferred, get the kids in the right environment & perhaps your U10's will develop enought so that they too have to play up to find the quality of competition they need.

Good luck at your next outing. I hope some of this explains why I asked you the question I did. Didn't mean for this thread to take any other direction. PM me if you have any other questions about how the SCYSA tournaments work.

P.S. I sincerely meant the congrads & the desire for you kids to have fun playing against the USYSA teams.