God, this thread is getting like a bad auto wreck. You don't want to look anymore, but you keep glancing back anyway...

Settle down folks.

soccerluvr,

I think you misunderstand what an AYSO ACT team is....

Quote:

Hi,
New here, looks like a great spot for soccer talk!
I'm with AYSO region 722 (Spartanburg area) and we have an A.C.T (advanced competition team) and pretty much practice 9 months of the year, in addition to the core season of regular play.
We are currently seeking a couple things. First, any scrimmages against other teams. I'm over the entire U-8 to U-12 goalkeepers, but our U-10 team is specifically looking for local or even within a 60 mile radius, teams to scrim against.
Also tournaments..we are doing a couple in March(Columbia and Charleston) and also a Knoxville, TN one in June.
But if anyone else can suggest where i can find any info or if anyone here is interested, please let me know.
Also working on a June-July tournament here in the local area, if we could get 10 teams or so together. Whether U-8 and up to U-19, or even just the U-8 through U-14 age group.

An ACT team is a group of players selected from the recreational teams that are in their league to play as a "super team". For example, you have 5 x U10 recreational teams. You take the top 10-11 players from the league and place them together for additional training / tournament play. The team may be "new", but some of the players probably have already been playing for half of their lives (since first season of micros).

That was the point of my original question / statement about the fairness dealing with putting them in a recreational bracket and why others are following up on this point. I wish I had just totally ignored this post, but since these guys are in my area I wanted to help guide them.

High Flyer,

I hope this was just a misunderstanding by AYSO of how the SCYSA tournaments are structured and how we handle our levels of play when they filed their level of play. I trust that it won't happen again, so this should be a dead subject.

Quote:

And i hope Dale Jr posts as well...my thread, so i'll make sure i have the last one.
Did Dale Jr stop racing, to start soccer here? Rednecks..racing..definetely not a mix with soccer, nevermind the beer and smoking on the way to the fields by 'star' coaches who never blossomed themselves as youth.

AYSO 722,

I will only defend you up to a point. I know you can't claim complete ignorance of the SCYSA structure as I explained that to you (and others in your region) in an email when you asked for scrimmages and even offered to help guide / assist you so as to make that happen. That (for everyone else's knowledge) is part of why I queried as to why you played down. Now you're taking potshots at DJ and you don't even know who that is - let alone that he hasn't even posted in this thread. Not a good way to win friends and influence people, IMHO.