I just wanted to explain why the U-9G Luna-Chicks have only played top level u-10 tournaments

1) as u-8 we played in the LSYSA u-9 division going undefeated
2) as 8's, we won the Chas United u-9/u-10 tournament division (2nd grade playing 4th)
3) as 9's (Fall 07) we played the u-9 division Sandlapper and went undefeated 65 goals for and 6 +/- against. We also only lost 1 game in crossovers in the 10 division (our new rival CUFC u-10 Black)

4) for the Spring of 08 I, as a coach, decided that 1,2,and 3 would not be beneficial to the growth of this team. So we entered the u-10 Sandlapper division. We are now 2-1-3 (one loss and 3 ties) This is what competition is about.

5) as a result, CUFC and MPSC would not play us in the middle u-10 divisions.

6) we will now play the u-9 division in 10 days at the BFA tournament. We do this only because 1) my girls need a break - playing on your heals to the size of the girls we are playing is taking a toll. and 2) Lake Norman is sending probably one of the best u-9 teams from Charlotte.

7) State cup is next - I have offered to play in either the u-9Rec, U-9 Academy or u-10 Rec.

Not a complicated plan, but with the Saurez training that we have received, EVERYONE is happy (including the parents)

98G Luna-Chicks

FYI 1/2 my team is still 8 - - All are u-9
WE ARE A TRUE REC TEAM IN THE LAND OF ACADEMY -
(guilty of coaching a team since u-5 as charged)