What I don't understand is why so many people made s/n just for this thread. I don't understand how you say we threw bad jabs when we were correct in everything we said.

Quote:

I'm not sure how everybody defines a "REC" team. I'm a rec team coach. My team is selected by the rec department. I have no say as to my players. I'm given a roster by the rec department and told to go at it.

Lowcountry Attack is correct when he defines a REC team. A REC team doesn't have tryouts, and normally it's a group of kids wanting to have fun. They're normally not training like SELECT teams, and they tend to be all about fun. So by def. the AYSO ACT team isn't a REC team. If you took the best 11 players out of a REC league, you would probally play the SELECT teams close or beat them. Their is no reason for the "elite" of one REC league to play a low end REC team. I can understand it was their first tournament so you don't put them in a SELECT bracket, but if you don't put them in a SELECT bracket put them in the highest REC bracket.

And Hooked- F.Y.I. Just because they didn't win the tournament, doesn't mean they didn't sandbagg. Think about it if you take the best players off the three best teams in a REC league, and you play one of the bottom three teams in the league you would easily beat that team. That is the equilavent of an AYSO ACT team playing in the BOTTOM REC bracket.