Here... I'll brag on the two new teams in our rec girls program I mentioned above. Feel free to make your comments....

Today was an optional practice day for these girls as it's spring break. It was a really busy day at work & I lost track of time & didn't notice the weather. I stepped outside a little before 4 pm and OMG.... It's spring break, it's cold, it's raining - just simply miserable - and practice starts at 4:30 pm. Since some of our select teams might have "big games" this weekend and the rain looked like it might break by 5:30 pm, I had to post on the weather line "the fields aren't closed, but you'll need to make your own decision about practice." So, I went to the fields with one of our coaches anyway. At 4:30 there were some pretty hard showers coming down. Can you believe 8 carloads of girls showed up between 4:30 & 4:45 for practice? I was absolutely blown away as I really couldn't see anyone wanting to get out in this stuff.

The enthusiam and attitude shown by these young ladies really impresses me - and mind you probably 1/2 of these girls have never played soccer on a team before (at least that's what they tell me). The younger team's record is probably 50:50 now after dropping our first 2 games (maybe better) and the older team has yet to win their first game - but they keep coming, training, and are definately improving (night & day difference from the first weeks at practice). Their smiles and gratitude makes this all worth while, and to me that's worth more than a whole case of trophies 10 feet tall.

Go get 'em Lady Dogs.