Coach Chass, et al:

I know this is about region realignment so excuse my tangent. . .and thanks for the info, Coach Chass (and I hope your question was sarcastic. . .).

Let's not ignore two things:

(1) A few private schools have dominated A and AA sports with an unfair advantage over their public school rivals. If anyone thinks the dominance is for any reason other than the unfair advantages, that is naive.

(2) Some PUBLIC schools have unfair advantages because of public school choice in SOME counties (thus larger population from which to "recruit") and not others. . .which I feel also is an unequal playing field.

There are many instances in the state of students attending schools primarily to play a specific sport. With private schools and some public schools, all that is required is transportation, while in most public schools it requires actually living in the zoned area.

These are inequities that are easy to address by governing bodies.

This is the same as private schools NOT having to comply with the same accountability mandates that our public schools do—along with private schools being allowed to be selective. THEN we want tom compare public and private schools! (The interesting thing about this is that it is only Urban Legend that private schools outperform public schools. When all factors are held constant, there is no difference. . .I can share the research if anyone cares.)

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.