Quote:

Coach chass
Your school is defined by attendence zones and you can recruit outside of that zone BUT that family has to move within your zone to play for you..Say I start a private school on main st in Moncks Corner and I want a competitive girls soccer program...I get to recruit within any zone I want AND the families do not have to live in a zoned area..they just have to provide transportation to my school just blocks away from your school...Sound fair to you?

Not at all, CHT...also, if you started a private school even 10-20 miles or so away, and kids who lived in my attendance zone went to play for you instead and we had to compete against players the League would normally define as "our" athletes, I'd think that was just as unfair, if not even more. But that is what happens out there. Yes, the "Why would anyone think this is an unequal advantage" was sarcastic (thanks, CC for pointing that out). I'm not sure how the League considers defining an attendance zone as an entire county and competing against schools with an attendance zone of a small town is maintaining equality among competitors. Looking at the results over many years, I think it's fairly obvious that it is not.

I've got good news and bad news...