At Charlotte, NC:
Fort Mill 1
Charlotte Country Day 1

I was really, really, really tempted to post this as a 1-0 FM victory. Who's gonna know, right? But...no...I am way too honest and have way too much integrity to do that. So, in the spirit of total honesty I will simply tell it like it is...WE WUZ HOZED!

Yessirree Bob, the FM girls got a real taste of NC home cookin' tonight. The 3 ref/chef system? Better than 2? Is it better to have 3 who can't read the recipe? Example: Offside. We all know this rule, right? Harder to call with 2 refs, can't always be in a good position. 3 refs mean no mistakes, right? The player is ONside as long as she is ONside when the ball is played? Nah, not in NC. If you've made it behind the defense when the ball comes DOWN, you're OFFside.

And complaining about CCD players climbing your FM players back? The center ref stopped play, walked to the FM sideline, and said to the coach (and I quote, I cannot make this stuff up!) "You are not going to get a call. Not tonight. Not in Virginia, not in North Carolina, not in South Carolina. Not tonight"

Idle words? Puleeze! 79th minute, FM leads 1-0. Ball is in the FM box, 1 foot from the goal line. The ball has rolled to a stop. CCD player stands over it. FM player stands behind her. CCD player locks her heels together, keeps her legs stiff, and slowly, gracefully, starts to lean. It looked like ballet, it was so graceful. As her center of gravity moves beyond her ability to recover, she keeps herself ramrod straight until she topples to the ground like a redwood. Question: If a CCD player falls in the forest at home, and no one can hear it, is it still a PK?

Unbelievable. CCD is a good team, too. It could have been a good match. Oh well...

Doin' it the hard way...