I was present at the Wando Vs. BE game. Wando dominated the whole game including 5 min overtimes. Wando for some reason could not put it in the net.Wando had 19 shots on goal to BE's 4. Wando's goal was by Sally Hyland during the first half, and BE's by Katie Runey during the second. BE's goal was a nicely placed upper 90 shot that no goalkeeper had a chance for. Then it came down to PK's Jade Davis was in goal for Wando a junior that lead Wando to their state championship last year. First PK for BE was perfectly placed in the left corner. Wando's kicker senior Boo Hall shot over the crossbar. BE's second kick was placed in the right corner Jade Davis coming up with the save.Then a Wando player (her name is escaping me) hit the right post. Then BE's kicker hit it wide left. Wando's kicker hit the left post.Then Jade Davis came up with another great save against the BE kicker. Then it was Olivia Urigs chance (4A Player of the year -2007) she sent one flying by BE's keeper. Then it was tied up. BE's kicker put a very nice shot right corner just by Wando's Jade Davis. Sandi Hudson stepped up and hit one wide left. So BE won in PK's. They deserved to win the PK portion of the game. My hat goes off to Jade Davis who made three saves in PK's. No way is this is going to affect Wando they are still looking ahead at another state championship. Wando is now 13-0-1.
But Congrats to BE and good luck for both of the teams in the future!